Saturday, March 24, 2012

Final Teardown

Today I spent about 4 hours finishing the tear down. I ended up using a reciprocating saw to cut the 3 bolts on each side since there was no way I could get them loose. I also used the saw to cut some of the nails that were holding the sides to the frame. I used temporary bracing so that the walls didn't fall over once I took the roof off.

Here are a couple of shots:

Notice how the trailer was framed for a window at the back. I've seen pictures of Devilles' with the window installed there.

Temporary bracing - didn't want the walls to come tumbling down!

This angle sure makes the trailer seem short....

The original flooring - This will be replaced with Marmoleum
Some of the siding. I learned the hard way to reinforce the door opening so that it doesn't buckle when I move it.