Wednesday, July 25, 2012

1 day before we leave....

About all I can say is it will be road worthy and we will be able to sleep in it. The biggest item is that the roof is on - whew! I certainly didn't want to screw up $400.00 worth of aluminum. The walls and roof were insulated with Styrofoam and I got all the wiring done. Also, the new Goodyear 2-11/16" WW tires arrived and I am having them mounted today. I need to get the last side aluminum piece on, the front and rear aluminum and install the windows. I also need to reassemble the door and get it on. Here are a few pictures from the last few days of work.

July 22, 2012 - 5 days until it needs to be on the road!

Adding insulation - I love Styrofoam (what a mess)

All insulated and the new whitewalls.
My son painted the wheels red until we actually get them powder coated.

July 23. 2012 - 4 days to go. Sure don't want to screw up the roof!

The electric shears sure come in handy!


July 25, 2012 - We will  be on the road tomorrow afternoon (I hope...)

7/25/2012 - Interior


7/25/2012 - Interior



So the plan for today is to get enough done to make it to my wife's family reunion this weekend. The windows will be installed, but I am only using putty instead of butyl tape so that they can be easily removed when it comes time to spray the interior and exterior of the trailer. Same goes for the window brows and exterior lighting, that butyl tape is a mess when you need to remove something. I didn't install the vent since I didn't want to cut a hole in the roof yet. There will still be lots to do when we return, but I am hopeful that I'll be finished up tonight so that it can be used....

No comments:

Post a Comment